This is Episode 8 of Bookish, the Irish podcast about books and reading, with Bob Johnston from the Gutter Bookshop in Temple Bar and Dalkey and Shane Breslin of Blackbird Books in Navan.
On the show this month:
– Post-hibernation bears
– Free books for children, from World Book Day to Bookbag to the Open eBook initiative
– What’s the story with declining ebook sales?
– Book club chatter: Ava McCarthy’s Dead Secret
– For Trilogy, our guest slot, Dave Rudden drops in ahead of the publication of his debut YA fantasy novel Knights of the Borrowed Dark to talk about three of his favourite books
– In Second Look, Bob picks through the trash heap of Malahide Library to find a forgotten crime novel of the 1940s, by Edmund Crispin
– In new books to catch our eye, we embark on a global tour of mispronounced author names
– We finish with our much-loved wrap-up round-up of literary events happening around Ireland during March, including rock star poets, leftie journos and children’s authors to make you cry at the Mountains to Sea festival.
That’s this month’s Bookish with Bob and Shane.
Tweet us at @bookishpodcast, check out all the archives at castaway.media/bookish and remember, if you don’t want to miss next month’s mispronounced author names, make sure to subscribe in iTunes, Stitcher or your favourite podcast app.