Better late than never? Well, we’ll let you be the judge of that. On the April edition of Bookish with Bob Johnston of the Gutter Bookshop and Shane Breslin of Blackbird Books.
– Awards season! Again! We take a look at the recently announced shortlists for the Dublin International Literary Award (a.k.a. The IMPAC Prize) and the Baileys Prize (formerly known as the Orange Prize), both of which have strong representation from the growing band of Irish women writers
– The continued rise of children’s books, which now account for almost one in every four books sold in this part of the world
– The real life Irish book thief
– In Trilogy, our guest to talk about three of their favourite books is Maureen Kennelly, the Director of Poetry Ireland
– Continuing the poetry theme (fitting for Poetry Day Ireland) we have not one but two poetry collections by Irish poets who we think deserve a wider audience
– We wrap up with new books landing on the shelves of your local bookshop and a round-up of bookish events happening around the country over the next few weeks
All that in your latest episode of Bookish.